POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macros database - Thousands of postings : Re: Macros database - Thousands of postings Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macros database - Thousands of postings
From: Rick Measham
Date: 20 Jan 2005 21:34:10
Message: <41F06A1C.8020207@nomail>
Maurice wrote:
> I'm not yet sure if I like it that my images are included on someone's
> website without my prior consent. I'll have to think about this.

I was quite excited to have such a resource available .. I hadn't
realised it was auto-populating from these newsgroups until I saw
Maurice's post.

Unless it's a submission library it's just like searching the groups ...
which makes it ... redundant.

I'd LOVE to see someone set up a fully searchable library of GPL'd scene
files with index images, keywords etc.

That would be useful and would also allow artists the ability to edit
their posts. (Eg. I notice that my monopoly car is there. Since then
I've fixed it up and made some stuff work better... but I can't change
what you have)

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!
Rick