POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Who unsubmitted? : Re: Who unsubmitted? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:50:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who unsubmitted?
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 16 Nov 2004 10:56:29
Message: <419a232d@news.povray.org>
Unsubmit??? ...I'm going to be lucky to have something to *submit* by
January 31st. I've had about half a dozen image ideas, semi-completed
two of them, and don't like either one. Bah humbug.

I guess my problem is trying to figure out what is a good showcase of
POV-Ray's features without being too simplistic scene-wise. Radiosity,
photons, media and area lights don't make a good image. I can make a
really ugly model, apply all the above techniques, render it for three
days and still end up with a very ugly model! :) (which is, in fact,
what I think I have done)

Ramble ramble ramble...sorry.