POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling/rendering humans : Re: Modelling/rendering humans Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling/rendering humans
From: Greybeard
Date: 16 Nov 2004 09:46:05
Message: <419a12ad@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:55:42 -0600, "GreyBeard"
> <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote:
>

>>TenTen requires P5 Judy or Victoria 2(I think, could work with 3)  Cancan
>>and Ranran can work with the Preteen Victoria, or the P4 Posette.  An-An for
>>Judy, and I think there's a version for VIctoria, beautiful model.  All
>>requre another figure to work with.  Might try Studio Maya, Mayadol and
>>variations, standalone figures.  Yamato's figures, where your link points,
>>are far the more beautiful, but not the only ones.
>>

> I can't remember if you need the OBJ file I think you do. If that is
> the case then It might be possible to get a loan of one somewhere, for
> evaluation purposes.

Mayadoll has her own, not sure how to describe the others, probably as
morph targets, where the base mesh is modified into a different
character.  Google Studio Maya should get you there.  Hair that renders
nicely in POV is also available there.  If you can't find it, I can post
a link, but I don't go there often.  There are many variations on
Mayadoll available, all asian and all free.  Lots of links there, also
clothing, in limited numbers.

For ShiJie, DAZ|Studio does not require or recognize an accelerator, nor
does Poser.  Studio seems more stable, but neither of them render fast.

PoseRay does convert them nicely, but you'll have to do some playing
with transparency levels on the eye textures.  Not sure, but it's almost
like the textures are behind the outer layer, which in poser renders as
transparent, but reflective to give the look of moist eyes.

There are a lot of problems with all of the 3D humanoids, joints don't
move as they should, and postwork is the order of the day if they are
bent very far.  The DAZ figures have dials to correct for this, but
working with humans is more frustrating than any machine I've done in
POV SDL.