POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling/rendering humans : Re: Modelling/rendering humans (list of some free complete models) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling/rendering humans (list of some free complete models)
From: FlyerX
Date: 15 Nov 2004 02:20:40
Message: <419858c8@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>>You can try DAZ Studio (it is free) to set up the character and some of
>>the free models at DAZ or Renderosity. DAZ Studio reads Poser files. To
>>render it in POV-Ray you can use PoseRay.
>

> Thanks, this has gotten me started. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any
> of these free models. The DAZ site doesn't seem to have any at all, and
> Renderosity has a "free stuff" area, but it's so poorly organized and
> difficult to search that I can't really get anything out of it. (There are
> plenty of models, but none of them actually seem to be characters.)
> Frustrating!
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Some of those sites are disorganized but here is a simple guide:

Get a DAZ account and when you go to the DAZ Studio section and click on
download you will get several files for download in your account. One
will be DAZ Studio and the other is "DAZ|Studio Base Content Figures"
This file contains a complete Victoria 3 low resolution for DAZ Studio.
This figure is compatible with Victoria 3 items like maps and poses.

Other free complete figures:

Staci Low Res:
http://www.3duniverse.co.za/freestuff.asp

Sara: (needs free DAZ account)
http://forum.daz3d.com/forum_freebies/ps_pe041b_Sara.exe

Maya Doll:
http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/1download/mdb/index.html

Sixus figures (Behemoth, HIM, HER, etc) (needs free Renderosity account)
http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=sixus1&Topsectionid=0

MDP: (Japanese site - download on bottom of page)
http://mdp.s18.xrea.com/

For free hair meshes: (can be used with any model)
http://digitalbabes2.com/

There are some others but these should get you started. Those models are
all for Poser but will also work with DAZ Studio.

Good luck,

FlyerX