POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling/rendering humans : Re: Modelling/rendering humans Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling/rendering humans
From: FlyerX
Date: 14 Nov 2004 21:37:16
Message: <4198165c$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> OK, so I've got a scene, and I want to put a young girl in it. What are my
> options? Is Poser my only realistic choice? I'm hoping for something free,
> and my modelling skills aren't that great so making it myself is probably
> out of the question.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

You can try DAZ Studio (it is free) to set up the character and some of
the free models at DAZ or Renderosity. DAZ Studio reads Poser files. To
render it in POV-Ray you can use PoseRay.

DAZ: www.daz3d.com
Renderosity: www.renderosity.com
PoseRay: user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

There are a few other sites with free models for Poser that work in DAZ
studio also. Renderosity is a good staring point.

There are many models that require a base mesh to work but there are a
several that are complete and free.

good luck,

FlyerX