POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : WIP Sitting Cat : WIP Sitting Cat Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:41:19 EDT (-0400)
  WIP Sitting Cat
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Nov 2004 19:47:28
Message: <4197fca0@news.povray.org>
My recent post in p.b.i showed a cat which I'm currently modelling for a new
image. Here's an animated version of it, now with a head. The texture is
just a test and will be exchanged for one with proper cat-look, the eyes
will receive some adjustment depending on how visible they are in the final
composition.

The only unwanted "bug" in this image is that the ears move through the
fur-texture, unlike the head which has the texture properly aligned to it.

As for details on the face, I will probably create an image map for the nose
and mouth area as I think it is nigh impossible to model them with a blob,
and unfeasible as well when the image doesn't include a close-up of the
face.

I might add some more detailed paws to the front legs, even though the cat
itself will be sitting in snow. Whiskers will be added as well, if I'll add
some fur-layers to some specific regions isn't yet decided.

Hope you like it, comments and suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"