POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Who unsubmitted? : Re: Who unsubmitted? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:43:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who unsubmitted?
From: Phlip
Date: 14 Nov 2004 14:07:05
Message: <4197acd9@news.povray.org>
Mike Thorn wrote:

> That brings up an interesting thought I had yesterday. I don't know how
> the judges are going to judge the entries but it seems like this is
> going to be the hardest judgement of their lives. Even just from seeing
> the one image that has been revealed (I don't remember the author...I
> believe the name of the image was "Girl With An Earring" or something
> along that line)...

I give that one points for quoting Vermeer, and the dawn of "triomphe d'oil"
illusionism.

However, I give dings for...

It's one picture of one girl, mirrored. Real twins need differences in
personality and clothing. A face's lips should be just a little
discontinuous to avoid feeling like a sneer. Also giving up on the
background and framing doesn't help.

--
  Phlip