POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Who unsubmitted? : Re: Who unsubmitted? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:46:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who unsubmitted?
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 13 Nov 2004 21:42:10
Message: <4196c602$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> In my opinion, if you are aware of ANY problems with your image, whether
> technical or artistic, I think it would be worthwhile to spruce it up.  Of
> course, there is always the possibility of ruining a good image, but I guess
> that's a risk you'll have to weigh.

I guess the difficulty is defining "problem" in this case. To me, my
image isn't quite as "grand" and crystal-choir-type as I'd imagined it
in my mind. But I'm not really sure what can be done to fix it. Maybe
once it finishes rendering (I wasn't kidding about never again using
focal blur...4.75 hours and only now getting to line 1 of the first-pass
render) p.b.i can tell me what's wrong with it.

It's one of those cases where it *could* of course be improved (what
can't??) but it's a matter of what exactly to do and how much of a
difference the additional time will make. I'm between a rock and a hard
place, really. :)

~Mike