POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another recursive problem: : Re: Another recursive problem: Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another recursive problem:
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 Nov 2004 21:21:26
Message: <41941e26$1@news.povray.org>
Jay D. Patteson wrote:
> I'm trying to do a seirpenski (sp?) gasket in cube form.
>
> However, when I set the initial call to the function at more than 1 (+1)
> iterations, it just gives me a solid cube.  I don't get it.  can anyone see
> what I did wrong?  It worked beautifully fine before I changed the
> iteration call from 20 static calls to the same function to a 3x3x3 loop
> (testing for the 7 values which don't need to be used) to knock out all the
> 20 blocks around each center.

> here is my code:
> #macro killall(iteration)
>
> killpart()
>
> #if (iteration>0)
> union{
>

> #declare loopx=-1;

You should use #local instead of #declare for local
variables inside macors.

A little indentation would be nice for increased
readability of your code.

Here's some useful information to help you increase
the rendering speed of object with a lot of holes:

   http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/holetut/

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net