POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Widescreen Camera Trick? : Re: Widescreen Camera Trick? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Widescreen Camera Trick?
From: Rune
Date: 11 Nov 2004 03:47:49
Message: <41932735$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> Oh, and I want horizontal lines to stay horizontal, not bent up and
> down like the cylindrical camera does.

Distortion is dependent on angle, not aspect ratio. Saying that the image
will be probably 2:1 doesn't tell us anything in this regard.

For shallow angles you won't have a problem at all. For wide angles (both
horizontal and vertical) I think that you can't *both* avoid perspective
distortion (which makes circles elliptical near the edges) *and* have
horizontal lines stay horizontal. You may be able to find some kind of
compromise though.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com