POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Real sky : Re: Real sky Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real sky
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Nov 2004 08:42:48
Message: <418e2658$1@news.povray.org>
> Till now I can get a "pseudo-real" blue sky, and "pseudo-real" sunset but
> I'm using different sets of media. I'd like to find THE set that would
> render blue when the "sun" is placed along the normal to the landscape,
> reddish when the sun is close to the horizon etc...

That's not possible with a reasonable PC. You're asking for actual
light-scattering according to wavelengths, which POV-Ray doesn't do unless
you use photons, and using photons to light up the sky is... well... out of
reach with current standard desktop PCs.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>