POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Much improved fluid animation (~671 kB) : Re: Much improved fluid animation (~671 kB) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Much improved fluid animation (~671 kB)
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 6 Nov 2004 11:26:16
Message: <418cfb28@news.povray.org>
Well, this is going a bit off topic, but it's the ASCII nazi's.

When I was working on VRML, everyone wanted a human readable form.  Mind
you, to me 3D data is binary, and it's not THAT hard to build a viewer, but
everyone wanted numbers coded so you could hack a file by hand.

Same technique for all the Web related technologies.  I've done an HTTP
server by hand for example with a TELNET session.  It IS possible, and the
early protocol builders wanted it that way so they could debug things with
telnet.

        == John ==