POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray & Databases : Re: POV-Ray & Databases Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & Databases
From: =Bob=
Date: 5 Nov 2004 14:28:32
Message: <418bd460@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
: in news:418ab6a5@news.povray.org =Bob= wrote:
: > I made a Pov 3.1 version that had dBASE III read and write
: > capability.
:
: Can't remeber that, sounds interesting. What did you use it for?

I used it to create some charts and graphs. But I found later
that it was easier and quicker to just write a program in C++
that uses some very nice libraries to read and write dBASE
directly (FOX indexes) or using ODBC and write the SDL
includes instead. Easier to maintain for me too. Runs fast!
=Bob=