POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Much improved fluid animation (~671 kB) : Much improved fluid animation (~671 kB) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Much improved fluid animation (~671 kB)
From: Ricky Reusser
Date: 2 Nov 2004 06:32:12
Message: <41877018@news.povray.org>
One random question first:  Why does it always say 671kB on my computer, but
then it says something more in the neighborhood of 800 kb when downloading?
I hate to think I'm deceiving the people with modmems...

But here's an improved animation fresh off the presses.  Went all out and
did a 120x120x40 simulation rendered with scattering.  The rendering took a
lot longer than the simulation, although I'm sorry to say I don't know
exactly how long the simulation would have taken per frame without
rendering at the same time.  There's no problem doing both at the same time
as long as the simulation stays ahead of the rendering.  I think it was
about 60-90 sec/frame when working alone.

I know everyone wants the code, but at the moment, the jet is hard-coded
into the c++ program with for loops and such.  I also need to take a little
time to figure out the boundary conditions (the edge of the grid) since
there aren't really many options yet and what is there doesn't work too
well.  With no further ado, here it is...

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fluid.mpg' (672 KB)