POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 3d smoke animation at last (mpg 188 kb) : Re: 3d smoke animation at last (mpg 188 kb) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:41:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d smoke animation at last (mpg 188 kb)
From: Ricky Reusser
Date: 1 Nov 2004 23:06:02
Message: <418707aa@news.povray.org>
stm31415 wrote:

> Awe-inspiring. Truly amazing.
>
> Can you blow a smoke ring with that sucker? (i.e. a sort burst of steam
> through a round hole in the front of a drum) It looks as though it has
> enough complexity to develop and sustain a vortex ring, there are the
> beginnings of one in the posted animation, but I'd love to see if you
> could make one with an existing system (w/o adding support for it, I
> mean).

Thanks!  Can I set up the conditions such that a smoke ring should be blown?
Sure.  No problem.  Can I actually get a smoke ring out of it?  Hmmm...
Doubtful, but I'll try it sooner or later.  Take no offense on the later;
I'm just busy.  Plenty of time to set something up and let 'er fly, but not
enough time at the moment to fine-tune something like a smoke ring.  On
that note, and on a bit of a tangent, I just think it's kind of ironic that
I didn't really do my differential equations homework or study for the test
because I was too busy... solving differential equations.  Oh well.  I
suppose there's no time like the present to do some real studying.  Oh, and
once I get it put together a little more, I'll post the code so you'll be
able to give it shot too.

 - Ricky