POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 3d smoke animation at last (mpg 188 kb) : Re: 3d smoke animation at last (mpg 188 kb) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:06:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d smoke animation at last (mpg 188 kb)
From: Ricky Reusser
Date: 1 Nov 2004 10:11:24
Message: <4186521c@news.povray.org>
Shurakai wrote:

> Wow, thats damn nice and even for a small grid it looks more realistic
> than everything i've seen till now. I tried to understand the article
> posted by You but, well as i told before, i have no sense for mathematics.
> Please give us an insight into Your knowlegde and provide us the source.

Thanks.  It's taken me quite a while to understand the article, and that
includes plenty of stops at the library, searches online, and a couple
calculus courses.  Maybe by the time I get to the fluid dynamics courses
I'll have some idea what's going on...  Don't worry though--you'll get the
source.  Just be patient.  Trust me though; you wouldn't want it in its
ugly, uncommented form.  I'll post another, much better animation too once
it's done simulating and rendering.  It looks uncannily like theirs, but
good nevertheless.

 - Ricky