POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : subdivision of mesh causes distortion of UV map : subdivision of mesh causes distortion of UV map Server Time
28 Apr 2024 03:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  subdivision of mesh causes distortion of UV map
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 31 Oct 2004 09:31:57
Message: <4184f75d@news.povray.org>
I made a mesh maple leaf and used a bump map for the veins. It looks fine as
long as I don't subdivide the mesh, but using a subdivision level of 1
produces extreme distortion of the bump map. The veins zig-zag all over the
place. It was also the same when I tried an image map. I have to use
subdivision to make the leaf look realistic, and I have to use UV mapping,
because I want to be able to bend the leaf and have the texture follow the
bend. I wonder, am I going to have to re-make my mesh so that the edges
follow the viens?
Steve Shelby