POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Planetary Society's Huygens Art Contest:,"Imagining Titan: Artists Peer Beneath the Veil" : Re: The Planetary Society's Huygens Art Contest:,"Imagining Titan: Artists Peer Beneath the Veil" Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Planetary Society's Huygens Art Contest:,"Imagining Titan: Artists Peer Beneath the Veil"
From: Chris B
Date: 29 Oct 2004 10:43:22
Message: <4182570a@news.povray.org>
<@n05pamarcor.de remove n05pam> wrote in message
news:4182301e$1@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
>
> this might be something for the LOTW-experts here.
> The aim of the contest is to make an image that shows what you think
> Titan looks like when the Huygens probe descends into Titans
> atmosphere. The Grand Prize is a trip to the ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany
> from 13-15 January 2005 (including travel expenses, food, and
> lodging). Deadline is November 28.
> More info/rules can be found here:
> http://planetary.org/saturn/artcontest.html

I can imagine it now, from a camera on the space probe as it breaks through
thick cloud: Hoards of terrified inhabitants scattering in all directions as
an incandescent fireball streaks towards a capital city that is the envy of
the other cultures on their world....

... or maybe I've been watching too much sci-fi.