POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Planetary Society's Huygens Art Contest:,"Imagining Titan: Artists Peer Beneath the Veil" : Re: The Planetary Society's Huygens Art Contest:,"Imagining Titan: ArtistsPeer Beneath the Veil" Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Planetary Society's Huygens Art Contest:,"Imagining Titan: ArtistsPeer Beneath the Veil"
From: andrel
Date: 29 Oct 2004 08:42:50
Message: <41823A44.3060300@hotmail.com>
"@n05pamarcor.de remove n05pam" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this might be something for the LOTW-experts here.
> The aim of the contest is to make an image that shows what you think
> Titan looks like when the Huygens probe descends into Titans atmosphere.
> The Grand Prize is a trip to the ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany from 13-15
> January 2005 (including travel expenses, food, and lodging). Deadline is
> November 28.
> More info/rules can be found here:
> http://planetary.org/saturn/artcontest.html

I am not going to enter, no time, as usual. I do not know if there is
a Huygens probe available in 3D format. If not this could be  one of
those cases where some collaboration could be handy. The competition
is not about how the lander looks (we all know that) but how the
moon looks. Adding a lander would be a bonus, but if everybody
starts making one a lot of time will be wasted. It is a pity
they explicitly prohibit group projects. Still, if a group all
create part (and/or texture) of the lander and everybody uses it in
their own scene they would all benefit.