POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with still water effects : Re: Help with still water effects Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with still water effects
From: Tom Melly
Date: 27 Oct 2004 15:37:50
Message: <417ff90e@news.povray.org>
"Ghost_Dog" <gho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> board sits on a plain pedestal. There is a rusty pipe that is filling the
> place up with water, and I would like to have a big puddle and the water
> spilling out of the pipe. Here's the problem : I don't have a clue how to

I would go with an isosurface - it's fairly easy to shape isosurfaces around
a particular point, and to make turbulence, etc. dependant on that
particular point.

What you want is a function that peaks suddenly in y when it reaches a
particular point of x,z, and is relatively flat outside that region.

Turbulence decreases in a similiar, although gentler, way.

I'll have a play and try and post a demo later on...

By no means take this as gospel in terms of the most sensible approach...