POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera confusion : Re: Camera confusion Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera confusion
From: Warp
Date: 25 Oct 2004 06:10:37
Message: <417cd11c@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertygov> wrote:
> Rotating the camera or the object takes the same time, virtualy no extra
> time.

<advanced>
  Actually that depends on whether POV-Ray creates a transformation matrix
for the object/camera or not.
  Sometimes an object (and I suppose the camera as well) can be transformed
and a transformation matrix will not be created for it if it's not
necessary (one example: If you translate a sphere, POV-Ray will just
modify the center of the sphere instead of creating a transformation
matrix).
  Theoretically rendering an object without a transformation matrix should
be slightly faster than one with such matrix.
  However, I suppose the speed difference is so minimal it usually doesn't
matter.
</advanced>