POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera confusion : Re: Camera confusion Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera confusion
From: Alain
Date: 25 Oct 2004 05:54:07
Message: <417ccd3f$1@news.povray.org>
ShiJie nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-10-25 03:54... :

>Dear NG,
>
>I am a bit confuse about using the camera I would appreciate it if someone
>would guide me. I have an object which is I think place on coordinates
><0,0,0>. Now this object is a bit complicated and I would like to view it
>on its back,front and each of its side view, one way is of course to rotate
>the object and view it (but I think this will take more rendering time and
>besides its a bit more complicated) and the easier way is just to place the
>a camera on the right position to view the objects front, back, left and
>right side views (ie. If I understood the purpose of the "camera" in PovRay
>correctly). I chose the latter option. I have the following camera code in
>the beginning of my Pov file:

Rotating the camera or the object takes the same time, virtualy no extra
time. In your case, you could rotate the object to get the different
wiews. In my view, it's not more complicated. I routinely have my
objects deffined in a #define block. I then place it with:
object{MyObject rotate <x,y,z> translate<x,y,z>}

Alain