POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moebius Band as a Trefoil Knot : Re: Moebius Band as a Trefoil Knot Server Time
1 May 2024 15:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moebius Band as a Trefoil Knot
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 24 Oct 2004 16:35:35
Message: <417c1217$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>
> Very nice. But not up to your usual standard of "sharpness." The
> rectangular holes are too obviously (seen by the distorted inside
> "trim") stretched squares.

The mesh in this shape was only subdivided once, because my
PC does not have enough memory to handle a second subdivision.

That's why the corners of the holes suffer like you describe.
I wasn't sure if other would notice that.

But now I know, so maybe I should buy some more memory...

Thank you for commenting.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net