POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
2 Jun 2024 09:55:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Warp
Date: 24 Oct 2004 12:30:21
Message: <417bd89d@news.povray.org>
rben <ray### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
>  Being told that the sum of the efforts that were
> submitted was not good enough for you to award a prize is a slap in the
> face to all of us.  This doesn't encourage me to provide you with a better
> work, this makes me reluctant to continue to participate.
> Personally, I feel that you should award the prizes and organize a new
> contest if you feel that you didn't get what you wanted from this one.

  I'm not talking officially as a TAG member, so this is a completely
unofficial remark - and pardon my french but, would you just shut up?
Your thinking is just ... simple (I have a really strong urge to write
a much stronger expression here, and it requires lots of strength to
refrain from doing so.)

  The team organized a really big competition and got sponsors to join
with huge prices, all in good faith, and when they realize they made
a miscalculation and want to remedy it, they only get idiotic responses
from people like you.

  "Organize a new contest"... Haha! Do you think AMD and Zazzle will be
pleased and willing to sponsor regularly competitions with enormous prices
but with hastily developed entries? Who will give the prices next? You?
  If people need time to create superb images, that's what they should get.

  Comments like yours are only going to cause the team to not to organize
anything like this anymore. And I'm not just talking here, I'm serious.
  The team should get our gratitude from organizing such big events,
not reprimands.

  You simply don't know what you are talking about, so please just shut
up, will you?