POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Bicubic patch artifact [GIF animation, 20 frames, 400 x 300, 205 KB] : Bicubic patch artifact [GIF animation, 20 frames, 400 x 300, 205 KB] Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Bicubic patch artifact [GIF animation, 20 frames, 400 x 300, 205 KB]
From: Yadgar
Date: 24 Oct 2004 12:08:35
Message: <417bd383@news.povray.org>
High!

Today I tried an animation of a waving flag... I composed the flag of
five bicubic patches in one row, with 40 control points altogether, the
adjacent edges exactly matched.

But in spite of this, the boundaries of the patches come out clearly in
most frames of the animation! Is there a way to fix this and still keep
the bicubic patches - or should I re-program it with an isosurface?

See you in Khyberspace -
http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/
Home-made electronic music: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/music/

Yadgar

Now playing: Starship Trooper, live 1996 (Yes)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'afghanflag.gif' (205 KB)

Preview of image 'afghanflag.gif'