POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 Oct 2004 05:40:13
Message: <417b787d@news.povray.org>

417b077e$1@news.povray.org...

> So basically lousy planning gets rewarded.

I wouldn't call this "lousy planning". Participating in such a competition
requires the sort of commitment that few people can afford, particularly
those who have full-time jobs and families (see the "married folks" thread
in p.off-topic). If one misses an evening of rendering because of some
kid-related emergency, we can't blame lousy planning.
Oh, well, we can assume that the "lousy planners" would have been lousy too
with a 6-month period ;-) With POV-Ray, resources (time, RAM) always end up
being consumed in totality, no matter how much one has at the beginning.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com