POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
10 Jun 2024 14:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: St
Date: 24 Oct 2004 04:36:25
Message: <417b6989$1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:417a9f5a$1@news.povray.org...

> One major reason for the lack of exceptional pieces may have been
that the
> time period of two and a half months was too short. POVCOMP is of an
order
> of magnitude harder than the IRTC,

       That's how I looked at it, and consequently, I put my all into
it. The funny thing is that after I failed to submit, I didn't feel
disappointed, I was pleased enough with my image to override that and
was looking forward to the next PoVComp.

      Anyway, I digress, what I really wanted to say is thank you for
the update Gilles, I feel that it was the right move, and a very
generous decision indeed by the PoV Team. Thanks.

   ~Steve~