POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
19 May 2024 02:53:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Oct 2004 20:46:52
Message: <417afb7c$1@news.povray.org>

417af71a@news.povray.org...

> Is that till midnight at the end or the beginning of the day? (don't
> answer this question, it's a joke.)

There will be a countdown timer ! (to be confirmed, and pending official
announcement).

> Anyway couldn't you give a jury rapport for the 56 submitted entries so
> the contestants know what to make better in the image or even if it is
> worth making better.
> This would help to get some worthy images for the sponsors, I think.

I'm not sure about having the judges commenting on all the images. This
would lead on speculation about potential preferences from the judges etc.

However, I plan to write a short text addressing some of the most common
shortcomings (which are not specific to the POVCOMP images).

> Also if you make the images public with your comments, then also other
> people are clear what the level of their image must be to have a change
> for a price.

The decision of making the images public is being considered, but no
decision has been taken yet (it would depart from the original rules so it's
not easy to decide). In any case, if you want to know what sort of level is
expected, check a website like http://www.raph.com/3dartists/. I'll add
other examples later.

Gilles