POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'..." : Re: "Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'..." Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'..."
From: Alain
Date: 23 Oct 2004 11:07:56
Message: <417a73cc$1@news.povray.org>
Uplah nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-10-23 08:03... :

>YAY!
>
>Thanks Christoph!
>
>I suddenly realised that the .pov file is just a text file! So I just fired
>it up in Wordpad, did what I had to do and did a quick render in POV-ray
>without having to load it in the editor - brilliant!
>
>Still get the degenerate triangles though... Seems VMD is not doing an
>optimal job (?). Do I need to worry about getting rid of them?

Not realy, it just take longer to parse (time to display the warnings)
and gobble up some memory.

> Is there a
>simple program that can do this?

Not that I'm aware of

>Many thanks in advance!
>
>Uplah

You may try using a croaser mesh, biger steps. The resulting image won't
be as smooth, you'll get some facing and shadow glitches, but with
larger triangles, the chances of aving degenerate ones will decrease.

Alain