POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Super Still Life : Re: Super Still Life Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Super Still Life
From: Gena
Date: 23 Oct 2004 02:50:59
Message: <4179ff53$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
> Again, I agree with Florian. It seems like with spotlights or pointlights
> with good fade distances, you could light your objects without significantly
> effecting the borders of your table. radiosity might make that difficult
> though.

Exactly. If we allow to use radiosity we should define
absolutely all radiosity settings and light sources (if any).
Again, I think it's too restrictive. The idea to share light
sources between scenes is not acceptable because you depend too
much on your neighbour(s). Also if we allow any post-processing
and HDRI this discussion doesn't make any sense :) In this case
we all have to use the same HDRI image, the same filter etc.

So, let's make it less restrictive and make the only
pre-defined object - table and fixed camera (position
and the rest attributes). These two conditions should
provide some kind of "glue" between images.

Gena.