POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moebius Band as a Trefoil Knot : Moebius Band as a Trefoil Knot Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:01:57 EDT (-0400)
  Moebius Band as a Trefoil Knot
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 22 Oct 2004 20:10:24
Message: <4179a170@news.povray.org>
As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to model something like
Escher's "Moebius Strip II" (woodcut from 1963) for my
POVCOMP entry. But I didn't finish my macros early enough,
so I had to abandon my attempt.

Yesterday I sat down and finished the most important
macros and today I debugged them and rendered a scene that

knot.

one of the edges of the band.

Although it is not the scene I planned, I find the shape
in it interesting.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'trefoilmoebiusknot05.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'trefoilmoebiusknot05.jpg'
trefoilmoebiusknot05.jpg