POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Super Still Life : Re: Super Still Life Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Super Still Life
From: Ross
Date: 21 Oct 2004 17:55:35
Message: <41783057$1@news.povray.org>
"Florian Brucker" <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote in message
> > How about a "Still Life Museum"? Some arrangements could each be on
> > their own seperate table
> > and there could be a long table in the center.
> Well, IMHO the main idea is that all objects are somehow linked
> together, i.e. are positioned on the same table (I've also seen images
> where each contribution was a wagon of a train). It's also important
> that everyone can render his contribution independant from the other
> contributions. And having the common idea it's interesting what people
> make of it.
> Therefore I really like the table idea better :)
>
> Florian
> --

I like the table idea better, but i think the lighting should be constant.
either no real lights and have pure radiosity lighting or have some lights
that cause pretty short shadows so shadows don't get cut off at the table
"edges" between individual tiles. If you have scenes with different
lighting, the brightness of the table will be different in each scene.

I also think 800x600 is way to big for something that could be a very long
string of images. 400x300 maybe. 640x480 is even big if you have 20 images
side by side.

i guess you could ask for 2 versions. a 400x300 and an 800x600.

Also, as far as isowood, isn't isowood pretty time consuming?

I was even imagining instead of a table, having a conveyor belt/assembly
line kind of surface. It would offer easier tiling i think. but a table
might look nicer.

just a few not quite random thoughts...