POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Custom reference point for perspective camera? : Re: Custom reference point for perspective camera? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Custom reference point for perspective camera?
From: Slime
Date: 20 Oct 2004 21:59:35
Message: <41771807$1@news.povray.org>
> > The perspective reference point is the point perspective stuff is based
> > on. So everything else you said didn't help me at all. :-( Maybe I can
> > render a few examples tomorrow.
>
> Do you mean the vanishing point?

Oh, ok. I looked it up and I see that the perspective reference point is the
location of the camera.

It should be possible to use the method I described nonetheless; by skewing
the direction the camera is looking in, and then translating the camera the
opposite amount, you will have essentially moved the camera location (the
perspective reference point) without moving the image plane.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]