POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Super Still Life : Re: Super Still Life Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Super Still Life
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 20 Oct 2004 04:11:11
Message: <41761d9f$1@news.povray.org>
I like the idea, and I like the idea that the final image does not
depend on single contributions, e.g. everybody can fully concentrate on
his thing, without having to worry about if it will fit with the other
scenes etc.

> But in our case it could be done in POV-Ray. For
> example we could make super still life. We can agree
> on a template scene which could have just a table
> with some default lighting (for consistency of the
> final image). The table should have seamless edges.
> So that its right edge should match its left edge.
> And eventually it will be just one very long table :)

The table is a very good idea, too, however seamless edges and a
consistent lighting may be hard to achieve, except you use some high
ambient settings, which IMHO does not look good (and will propably make
radiosity renders impossible).

If you're supplying a template scene, I'd be glad to join :)

Florian
--
camera{look_at-y*10location<8,-3,-8>*10}#local a=0;#while(a<999)sphere{
#local _=.01*a-4.99;#local p=a*.01-5;#local c=.01*a-4.995;<sin(p*pi)*5p