POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One picture, multiple machines, using radiosity : Re: One picture, multiple machines, using radiosity Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One picture, multiple machines, using radiosity
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 19 Oct 2004 20:40:45
Message: <4175b40d$1@news.povray.org>
For me, it's inevitable that the power will go out approximately 1 day
before completing a 20-day render.  ;-)

Anyway, someone gave me this code a while back.  I guess you can leave all
other radiosity settings the same (if not, someone can feel free to let me
know, but I don't think it matters either way):

      #if (SaveRadiosity)
        save_file "Radiosity.rad" // save radiosity data
      #end
      #if (LoadRadiosity)
        pretrace_start 1           // start pretrace at this size
        pretrace_end   1           // end pretrace at this size
        always_sample off
        load_file "Radiosity.rad" // load saved radiosity data
      #end

So, the first pass (with SaveRadiosity=on), you can render at a lower
resolution with no AA (or focal blur).  Then for the final-render
(LoadRadiosity=on, SaveRadiosity=off), you can crank-up the resolution, turn
on AA, and you'll get a faster render, without much difference in radiosity
as far as I've noticed.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com