POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Background is not rendered : Re: Background is not rendered Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background is not rendered
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 19 Oct 2004 13:35:19
Message: <41755057@news.povray.org>
Rage30 wrote:
> Hi,
> I've made many many drawing with Moray & Povray on my own computer.  Now i'm
> working on my friend computer and i've got a problem: My background is not
> rendered.  It's a simple gray color.  When i render it, in Moray my
> background is black, and in Povray my background is full of little square
> .... like if no background was drawn.
>
> Any idea of what's wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Christian

I wonder if you have the output_alpha setting on or off?

I seem to remember having this problem that instead of a
black/grey/white background to my images, produced .TGA files had the
squares you refer to as background. I think this has to do with the
output_alpha ini settting.

You will most likely find that your output_alpha ini setting is "on" -
change it to "off" and see if it will work. Here is an .ini file snippet
   where I have turned mine off:

Output_Alpha=Off
Output_File_Name="0017"
Output_File_Type=t