POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere with holes and lights shining out of it : Re: Sphere with holes and lights shining out of it Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere with holes and lights shining out of it
From: Frango com Nata
Date: 16 Oct 2004 09:49:24
Message: <417126e4@news.povray.org>
What do you think of this?

Regards

--------------------------

// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: gomb.pov
// Vers: 3.5

#version 3.5;

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

camera {
  location  <1.5, 0, 0>
  rotate  <90,0, 360*clock>

  direction 1.0*z  // So we can see the whole sphere.
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <10,10,10>  // light's color
  media_attenuation off
//  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

difference{

  sphere {
    0.0, .5
    hollow
  }

  // Capped Cylinder, closed [or open ended]
  // cylinder { <END1>, <END2>, RADIUS [open] }
  //  END1 = coord of one end of cylinder
  //  END2 = coord of other end
  // RADIUS = size of cylinder
  // open = if present, cylinder is hollow, else capped

  #declare Index2 = 1;
  #while(Index2 <= 10)

    #declare Index = 1;
    #while(Index <= 10)

      cylinder {
        -1*x,  1*x,  0.015 // So not only the beams are thinner but they
spread less.
         //open  // There's no point in removing a cylinder's caps
                      // if you're subtracting it from another shape!
         hollow
         rotate <1,Index2*18,Index*18>
      }

      #declare Index = Index + 1;
    #end

    #declare Index2 = Index2 + 1;
  #end

  texture {  // When all the objects inside a CSG block have the same
texture, attaching it
               // to the whole CSG is faster and simpler.
    pigment{rgb 0} // Does nothing, but avoids a warning.
    finish{
      specular 0.6
    }
  }

}

sphere {  // We constrain the media within a concentric sphere.
  0, .65
  hollow
  pigment {rgbt 1}
  interior {
    media {
      intervals 10
      scattering { 1, rgb 1 }
      samples 1, 10
      confidence 0.9999
      variance 1/1000
      ratio 0.9
      density { onion frequency -1 scale 0.65 }  // To get a smooth
transition into darkness
                                                   // at the end of each
light beam.
    }