POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aspect Ratio? : Re: Aspect Ratio? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aspect Ratio?
From: Slime
Date: 14 Oct 2004 17:49:10
Message: <416ef456$1@news.povray.org>
>   You mean "right x*image_width/image_height"?

Right =)

>   What one does not immediately realize (before making actual tests) is
> that adjusting the aspect ratio of the camera with the 'right' or the 'up'
> keywords always adjusts it vertically (regardless of which one of them is
> used, which comes as a surprise to most).

I just tested this and I'm not getting that result. I think that's only true
if the 'angle' keyword is specified, since it always adjusts the horizontal
angle of the camera, But 'angle' is an optional keyword (one of the
modifiers, so it doesn't even really have a default).

I'm using this scene:

sphere {z*3,1 pigment {rgb 1} finish {ambient 1}}
camera {location 0 right x up y}

When I change "right x" to "right x*10", the sphere stays the same height
and gets skinny. When I instead change "up y" to "up y*.1", the sphere stays
the same width and gets tall. If I add "angle 67" to the camera, *then* I
get the behavior you're describing.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]