POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parse Error? : Re: Parse Error? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse Error?
From: Slime
Date: 10 Oct 2004 19:33:27
Message: <4169c6c7$1@news.povray.org>
> "Parse Error: Singular matrix in MInvers."

The only time I've ever seen that was when I used a matrix <...> transform
on an object and specified a singular matrix.

POV-Ray takes matrix inverses when transformations are made on an object
(because rather than actually transforming objects, it instead transforms
rays with the opposite (inverse) transformations). Singular matrices could
also be caused by scaling a dimension by zero, but those errors are usually
caught early and a "can't scale by 0" error is given.

So... do you have any matrix transformations anywhere?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]