POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parse Error? : Re: Parse Error? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse Error?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 10 Oct 2004 18:54:07
Message: <4169bd8f$1@news.povray.org>
> just a wild guess:
>
> MInvers appears to create the inverse matrix A^-1 of A(so that
(A^-1)*A=I).
> Singular is just another way of saying that a matrix can not be inverted.
>
> Have no idea what POV-ray needs an inverse matrix for, but I think it has
> something to do with the mesh (?).

Heh, you just rephrased my question on a more technical level. :-) I was
rather hoping to get an answer along the lines of where the source of the
problem might be, if it really is the mesh, or something with the camera.
OTOH, if that message is just generally stating that an inverse of a matrix
cannot be calculated, then I guess it could be anything and is probably not
a bug that is possible to fix, as it would be tedious to hunt it down and
then might be CPU/Compiler dependant, e.g. doesn't show up on a Pentium or
other OSs...

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>