POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Image : Re: Detail Image Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:01:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail Image
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Oct 2004 16:04:12
Message: <4168443c@news.povray.org>

news: 41682cd5@news.povray.org...
> Now I have questions:
> My main render is Width=1280 Height=960, I selected this space:
> Start_Row=0.33 +E0.25 +SC0.55 +EC0.75
> but I want to have this space of my main render at 1280x960 (as the main
> render). If I render it with the same resolution .ini file it only uses
> this
> part of the resolution ( Start_Row=0.33 +E0.25 +SC0.55 +EC0.75 ). How can
> do to use all the space?

First, note that the area you choose isn't using a valid syntax (E0.25) and
if we assume it to be +ER0.25 then the end row is smaller than the start row
: it should be something like +SR0.25 +ER0.33 + SC0.55 +EC0.75. Also,
assuming this is right, it  has an unusual format ratio of 3.33. This is
perfectly valid according to the rules, but make sure that this is really
what you want.

Second, look at the example given here http://www.povcomp.com/samples/

If by "using all the space" you mean rendering the detail view as a
stand-alone picture without needing to crop it out, then you'll need the
zoomin.inc include file (and perhaps to modify the camera definition) (link
given in the page above).

However, it can be simpler to render the detailed parts using the partial
render. If the relative width of the partial render is 20% (+SC0.55 +EC0.75)
then render your image at 5 times the size +W6400 +H4800 using the partial
render parameters and then load the resulting image in your favourite
editing program to cut out the black borders (you don't need to be
pixel-precise).

G.