POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I finally found the secret behind Wings3D and UVmapping : Re: I finally found the secret behind Wings3D and UVmapping Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I finally found the secret behind Wings3D and UVmapping
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Sep 2004 10:05:50
Message: <415ac13e@news.povray.org>

news:web.415ab3791e342fe2a472d3920@news.povray.org...

> As most POVusers, I looked at the last render from Gilles Tran and its
> mini-cooper made in Wings3D.  In fact, if you read the code source, you
> will notice that almost everything is made using this modeller (with
> UVmapping and bumpmapping).

Hmm, actually the page says that the models (car, buildings) in the Mini
Cooper scene were all modelled in Rhino.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources16.htm
Also, Rhino models are already UV mapped (which actually causes some
problems on the car model as some maps are bad and others have disappeared,
but I've been too lazy to fix this).

It's the sci-fi scene that was modelled entirely in Wings3d and UV mapped
with UVmapper.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources14.htm

Btw, thanks for your previous note about the wrong image_map reference in
this scene, I'll correct that ASAP.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com