POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extremely inept use of photons. (Help requested) : Re: Extremely inept use of photons. (Help requested) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extremely inept use of photons. (Help requested)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 27 Sep 2004 13:13:09
Message: <41584a25$1@news.povray.org>
I'm pretty sure it's the "area_light" part of your light_source settings.
Get rid of that, and it should look pretty good.  I guess this isn't a bug,
because it's in the documentation.  I'm not aware of any way around it,
other than getting rid of "area_light".

You can still use an area_light in your light_source block, but it seems to
work better if you leave it out of the photon block.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com