POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update
From: Rune
Date: 26 Sep 2004 08:07:03
Message: <4156b0e7@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> E.g. arrays are initialized with a certain amount of indices,
> and the problem might be that when you try to remove a source,
> JOAL/OpenAL tries to remove an index. But that's highly guess work.
>
> Have you tried using linked lists instead of arrays? Or maybe just a
> few objects for starters, to check if it'll work at all?

In one of my tests I'm using neither arrays nor lists, just two variables to
store the ID's for the two sources. Well, each source requires an integer
array as one of the parameters, but I use one 1-element array for each of
the two sources. These arrays can't be replaced with linked lists, since
it's something internal in JOAL that I have no control over.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com