POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : no_reflection with fog : Re: no_reflection with fog Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_reflection with fog
From: mntorrent
Date: 26 Sep 2004 00:35:59
Message: <4156472f$1@news.povray.org>
I ended up adding another plane perpedicular to the floor
several units behind the object but very much in front of the
blue fog wall.
This plane is not rendered and does not cast shadows, but it
is reflected by other surfaces.

The definition of this plane is

plane
{
      locationv-look_atv, -6
      texture { pigment{color rgbft <0,0,1,1,1> } }
      no_image  // DON'T ACTUALLY RENDER THE PLANE
      no_shadow // DON'T EVEN LET THE INVISIBLE PLANE CAST SHADOWS
      // no_reflection // WE ARE GOING TO LET THE PLANE BE REFLECTED
}

The relfected pigment of this plane seemed to nearly cancel out
the blueness of the fog on the surface of the white plane...somewhat.