POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : New to isosuraces - whats wrong with my f_mesh1? : Re: New to isosuraces - whats wrong with my f_mesh1? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:38:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to isosuraces - whats wrong with my f_mesh1?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 25 Sep 2004 05:40:38
Message: <41553d16$1@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Viljoen" <ryl### [at] intekomcoza> wrote in message

> Thanks Bob!
>
> I'll give it a whirl.

Glad to help. I checked into it more, out of curiosity, and the following
isosurface script definitely looks like I'd expect a woven mesh to be.
You'll no doubt be adjusting yours when you see it.

isosurface
{
        function {f_mesh1(x,y,z,0.15,0.15,0.025,0.025,0.05)}
        threshold 0.001
  max_gradient 0.06 // for a speedier render
        contained_by
        {
                box {-1,1}
        }
        material{texture{pigment{color White}}}
}

The threshold deals with the surface much like what threshold does to
'blob', so closer to zero there thins the visible surface. I tweaked the
f_mesh1 values to make it be flatter.

BTW, if you want questions like this seen better by others you really should
post to povray.general or povray.newusers. This group is actually for
posting POV scripts instead of questions about the scene language-- unless
you have a large bit to show and also post the related message at one of the
other groups.
My mistake for not taking notice of where I was at when replying before.

Bob H.