POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : New to isosuraces - whats wrong with my f_mesh1? : Re: New to isosuraces - whats wrong with my f_mesh1? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:37:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to isosuraces - whats wrong with my f_mesh1?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 25 Sep 2004 02:20:01
Message: <41550e11$1@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Viljoen" <ryl### [at] intekomcoza> wrote in message

> All this code does is to produce a solid white box, sized -1 1
> (obviously).
> Changing the values sent to f_mesh1 has no effect - from very small to
> very
> large still just produce a solid white box.
>
> How can I get a mesh with f_mesh1? What am I doing wrong? I've never used
> isosurfaces before.

Hi there Stefan.

And I'm new to f_mesh1(), not having used it anytime, that I know of.

Use first three values as x,y,z instead of 1,1,1, since each 1=x*y*z.

Looks like the threshold should be greater than zero, yet not much over
zero. I tried the following and it looked right to me, although I'm not
exactly sure what it should look like.
:-)

#include "colors.inc"
#include "functions.inc"

light_source {<-5,10,15>,1}

camera
{
        location <1,2,3>
        look_at <0,0,0>
}

isosurface
{
        function {f_mesh1(x,y,z,0.1,0.2,0.05,0.15,0.15)}
        threshold 0.005
  max_gradient 0.5
        contained_by
        {