POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : some groups not in web-view : Re: some groups not in web-view Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some groups not in web-view
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Sep 2004 09:12:24
Message: <41541d38$1@news.povray.org>
news:41533422$1@news.povray.org...

>>  povray.off-topic I can understand not
>> being available from the web-view (even though it appears that it is, but
>> then it doesn't work).
>
> ??? The off-topic group is not available in the web view at all.  And it
> has
> not been available for a long time either.

Just to be a little more clear on this, if you go to
http://www.povray.org/resources and click on the "POV-Ray Newsgroups" link,
it takes you to http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups.  From there, if
you click on "[web view]" for "off-topic", it takes you to
http://news.povray.org/groups.  Additionally, the new groups are not listed
there, but they are linked to indirectly.  I guess this was an oversight on
my part.  I didn't recheck the news.povray.org site.

But anyway, my point was that I understand why the the off-topic group does
not allow reading and posting from the web-interface.  Somehow, you seem to
keep misinterpreting my posts.  In the future, please feel free to kindly
ask for a clarification if there is something that you do not understand.
Sometimes my questions are probably worded strangely, but your tone makes me
hesitant to post relevant questions.  I don't believe that helps anyone.

Thank you, Thorsten.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com