POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : help on prallel povray : Re: help on prallel povray Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:34:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help on prallel povray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Sep 2004 04:41:58
Message: <4153ddd6$1@news.povray.org>
>   I'm a novice in ray tracing. I'm currently parallelizing povray using
> threads,

If you are a novice to ray-tracing, you should not be doing this at all.
There is a simple reason why POV-Ray is not multithreaded, and that is that
the source code is not up to it without changes to various algorithms that
requires a very good understanding of ray-tracing.  I would very strongly
advise to not waste time trying to hack a multithreaded implementation of
the 3.x source code together.  It is not going to work completely - ever!

    Thorsten