POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Newbie: Converting .3DS files to UDO/INC loses/fails materials. : Newbie: Converting .3DS files to UDO/INC loses/fails materials. Server Time
17 May 2024 18:55:44 EDT (-0400)
  Newbie: Converting .3DS files to UDO/INC loses/fails materials.
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 23 Sep 2004 22:03:04
Message: <41538058@news.povray.org>
Folks,
Newbie at Moray here ...

I find that when I take a .3DS file found on the Internet and attempt to
convert it to a UDO/INC file for Moray/POVRay, the materials don't come with
the conversion.

I used Win3D and, when I import the UDO, no materials are defined for my
objects.
I then tested with the "3D Object Converter" tool
(http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/) ... it displays both objects and materials,
but all the materials are "default".

Does anyone have a recipe for taking .3DS and converting to UDO/INC for use
with Moray?

Windows XP SP1
Moray V3.5

Neil